Thursday, January 1, 2015

Dead-Wood Best Comics of 2014....

(


Best new book

Ms Marvel

This was a very hard choice because of all the great new books out there this year but G Eillow Wilson's Ms Marvel is the one that I think often tops the list. It's been compared to the original Amazing Spider-Man and its hard to beat in terms of charm and depth, hell it even weathered a Wolverine appearance and didn't descend into grim and gritty. Kamala's book is pretty much the one I would keep on my list if I had to give up most of my monthly books. There were so many good new books this choice was really hard and I hate to choose just one because all of the new books I bought and continue to support are amazing in their own way... So

Very close Runners up: Shutter, Bucky Barnes, the Wiced and The Divine, All New Ghost Rider, Storm, Wayward, Copperhead, All New Invaders, She-Hulk, Hexed (yes it appeared first yesterday but I do really love the series)... And I would include other books I mentioned yesterday like Ody-C, Rumble, and Bitch Planet I'm sure I'm forgetting some and neglecting others I could not afford to buy....

 

 

Best continueing series.....


There are many a series I could have chosen and would have given other circumstances but given all the reboots and renumberings of other series I have to go with East of West today. Who can fault a story about the end of the world, parents separated from their child, impending war and tons of social commentary. No one and no side really seems to come out smelling rosy in this tale of love loss and betrayal other then possibly death himself/itself and the woman who dared to tame him/it.

If I were to disregard company restarts of series along with Hickman's creator owned book I would have had to contend with the fact that I'd have to choose from: Captain Marvel, Amazing Spider-Man (which Dan Slott is killing it writing Peter Parker's adventure), New Avengers, Black Widow, Nailbiter, and BPRD (which I just got back into) just to name a few so I'll go with the book that I'm loving both the art and writing on....

 

 

I am getting the feeling that though I'm trying my hardest to make these best of choices I'm constantly double guessing myself....

So I will leave it at this.... With limited money I've been truly enjoying my hobby again and have many great writers and artists to thank for that and the fact that I'm doing art again....thanks muchly to these and many more whom I will forget..

Kelly Sue Deconnick, G Willow Wilson, Dan Slott, Jonathan Hickman, Greg Rucka, Joshua Williamson, Alex de Campi, Ales Kot, Greg Pak, Fred Van Lente, Russell Dauterman, Felix Smith, Traad Moore, Scotty Young, Fiona Staples... Agggh I can't believe how many artists I can only recall only the titles they work on...need to just go work on art today and make some food for New Years... Please chat at me if your liking my blog at all... It gets lonely out here sometimes

 

No comments:

Post a Comment