Sunday, July 17, 2016

Pre-order Fresh Romance

 

Fresh Romance Vol 1 (APR 161829)

I know that the teenage New Teen Titans, Uncanny Xmen, New Mutants, Legion of Superheroes collector that I was would look askance at now me saying that is Fresh Romance collection is something you should totally bug your friendly local comic shop to order tomorrow July 18th and yes you full on should. Editor Janelle Asselin pulled together an amazing group of creators including Kate Leth, Arielle Jovellanos, Sarah Vaughn, Sarah Winifred Searle, Sarah Kuhn, Marguerite Bennett, and Trungles for the first years run of digital issues and got Kieron Gillen to add a story for this print edition and that alone should be enough. See among many other things I realized lately what I really love about much of the fiction wether it be comic, prose, or even poetry the aspects that affect me emotionally are the ones that tie me to the characters and their stakes the most and what I'd loved most about the books I mentioned above wasn't the action or the conflict but was the lasting relationships and their ups and downs. I for one backed her initial Fresh Romance Kickstarter for the subscription and did so again for the print edition. It's a book I'm really exited about and well am not afraid to say it. So yeah not sure if people need that much honesty to get them to look at this but I thought I'd share. Go and ask for it if you like any of the creators I'm sure the rest will thrill you too.

And look below is a printable image you can take with you with the order number and everything. I mean just look at the art...

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment