Wednesday, September 27, 2017

NCBD post for September 27, 2017 aka my Comics Pull List

Hello, welcome to my weekly coverage of the books that I'll be picking up come the end of the week and I get to go to my friendly local comic shop. I try to keep myself to somewhere around twenty dollars and often go over it...there are so many artists colorists and writers that I think are worth supporting these days.

Zodiac Starforce: Cries of the Fire Prince 2 $3.99

I have been saving the first issue of Paulina Ganucheau and Kevin Panetta's new Zodiac Starforce so I can read a couple in a row and it's seems that it's been a long wait for this issue to come out. This issue promises to reveal that not only will the girls winter break not be relaxing because a Nephros creature has been summoned to the town they learn there is another active Starforce team around that they have to sus out. The magical girl team thing I've been missing is back and I'm happy I'll have two to look forward to reading now.

 

Mother Panic 11 $3.99

Looks like Jody Houser's anti-hero Violet Page is back and may have another gather house project to deal with even if it's someone who was once a friend. At least Violet is back in good fighting shape after the surgery and upgrades this time around. Though I've heard some people has issues with Shawn Crystal on the book I particularly love his artistic take on the cast and his storytelling I think flows in a way that clicks reallly well with me as a reader. This is the Gotham book for me and at least it's got one issue left before the coming hiatus....perhaps the Mother Panic crossover will be with Black Canary I think that might just rock.

Rockstars Children of the Beast 7 $3.99

I got hooked into getting this book at one of the RCCC Image panels where both Joe Harris and Megan Hutchison appeared on and I'm glad I gave it a shot and got issue 6 signed by both of them. Kelly Fitzpatrick is the colorist on this and that made it necessary to grab it as I dig her style of adding her touch to the storytelling. As a metal fan, expecally during the eighties, this story arc hits me in another fandom and makes me want to listen to some of my old favorites. Rockstars if your like me and missed it is a book that puts the demonic back into music in a literal sense and has a couple of cool young adults investigating into the truth of it.

Lazarsus X+66 3 $3.99

Greg Rucka is joined in the storytelling in this by the writer Neil Bailey and his artistic partner on Stumptown Justin Greenwood. The co-creators so far on these side-stories have been pretty solid as the books have been throughly entertaining and accessible even though I have only read spotty issues of the regular Lazarsus series, a mistake I'll remedy come the new year. I was interested in this mainly because Bilquis Eveley will be drawing one of the six issues. My interest was further peaked by Greg Rucka talking about the series in general and about this series of one shots at RCCC this year.

I'll also be picking up Jem and theHolograms Infinity 3 and Image +2 and am likely to be grabbing Batman Murder Machine, Justice League of America 15, American Way #3 and Black Magick 8

 

No comments:

Post a Comment